Spring has FINALLY shown its face here in Central New York and with temps hitting 85 degrees today it kinda feels like we’re skipping spring completely and heading right into summer. This amazing weather has got me thinking about all of the fun things I want to take advantage of this summer. Today I thought I’d share my Syracuse Summer Bucket list of the perfect activities for those precious few months where there isn’t snow on the ground.
- Taste of Syracuse festival in Clinton Square – This festival always feels like the perfect kickoff to summer. What could be better than strolling through the sunshine with a wine slushie in hand and samples from the best restaurants Syracuse has to offer.
- Concerts at Lakeview Amphitheater – As of right now I only have tickets for Kenny Chesney this year, but I’m keeping an eye out for any other fun acts coming to this scenic venue.
- Dining al fresco – There are so many restaurants with great outdoor seating in Syracuse and I’m hoping to check out a few this summer. At the top of my list are Apizza Regionale, Kitty Hoynes and Rudy’s in Oswego.
- Spend the day in Skaneateles – I haven’t had a chance to explore this cute lake town yet so I’d love to spend a Sunday afternoon here. Let me know if you have suggestions of what I should check out!
- Do some hiking & camping – I’m hoping to take the pup to some new hiking spots like Clark’s Reservation this summer. I got a bunch of camping gear last year for my birthday and I’m determined to put it to good use at least once this summer.
- Find a good ice cream spot – Since moving to CNY I’ve yet to find an ice cream place that rivals my hometown favorite Amy’s Place in Middleburgh. The ultimate goal this summer would be to find a new go-to ice cream spot.
- Meet my parents at Empire Farm Brewery – Roughly halfway between Syracuse and my parent’s house in Schoharie, this would be the perfect spot to meet up and enjoy an afternoon beer tasting.
What do you think, did I hit all of the important summertime CNY activities? Let me know if there’s any I missed in the comments.